Logging into your class is sometimes one of the most difficult, frustrating parts of an online course.
The login page for iLearn is: http://my.gavilan.edu/. You might want to bookmark that page.
Make sure you have followed the instructions to get your new Gav ID and PIN.
If you've never been able to get into your class
You are following the formula for logging in, and you still can't get in. It could be that you registered late and haven't yet been entered into the system, or that you are entered into our system with a variation in your name.
Have you just added a class? The system takes up to 6 hours to create your account.
If you've just added the class, please wait a few hours and try again.
Please do not keep trying to log in until you are crazy with frustration. The problem may be simply that we have your name entered with a different spelling. Follow these steps:
- Login to your account on Banner and confirm that you are indeed registered for the class.
- Email the distance learning coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org -- they will have access to your online course and will be able to see if (and how) your name is entered into the class.
If you got in once but have never been able to get back
- Did you change your password in Banner?.
- The problem may be simply that you've misspelled the password.
- Login to my.gavilan.edu and verify that you have the correct login. If you are unable to login to Banner, type in your g00 number and then click on the 'Forgot PIN' button.
Always contact your instructor via email or phone if you have not been able to login or have difficulties in your online class.
You can also contact the Distance Education Department at email@example.com or phone: 408 848-4885.