Unfortunately, you cannot use IMAP/POP e-mail clients to connect to @my.gavilan.edu. Although Gavilan does not support mobile devices/apps, there is a way to connect iPhones/Androids using the Gmail app. You cannot use the built-in Mail app on either iPhone/Android.
You must download the GMail App for your device.
Once installed, open up the application. Then follow the steps below.
- Sign in with your Gavilan e-mail address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Do not enter anything into the Password field
- Click the "Sign In" button
- You will be redirected to the myGav portal login page
- Log in using your G00# and PIN
- You should get redirected back to the Gmail App, and have access to your @my.gavilan.edu